Re: [TenTec] Remote rig operations

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Remote rig operations
From: "DAVID HELLER" <dtx@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 22:28:27 -0400
I guess most if not all of us would rather have the actual rig right in
front of us with at least part of the hardware built by our own hands.  But
each of us has his/her own likes and dislikes and who's to argue, much less
critisize, though my prejudiced opinion tends toward a bit of disdain for
those who refuse to use CW, with subset of those who will use CW with
keyboard and code reader, and the ultimate appreciation and reverance for
those real masters of the straight key.  But the thought mentioned of those
who end their days in a nursing home or the like without the possibility of
access to a decent station - any way of getting on the air is far better
than none.