[TenTec] Airpax

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Airpax
From: "John K Gotwals" <john@gotwals.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 12:06:05 -0400
I had the same thing happen to me with my Orion 565. Like you, I had
installed an Airpax breaker between my Orion and an Astron 35 amp linear PS.
In my case I made the unforgivable error of trying to operate my Orion at
full power tune-up, but with the coax antenna feed disconnected from the
Orion. Like you, the Airpax flipped into the off position, and everything
still worked properly after reconnecting the antenna connection and
resetting the Airpax breaker.

Shortly after posting an account of my error and its correction on this
reflector, I received a series of entertaining email messages from a
cantankerous ham who quoted in great detail from the schematic diagram for
the Orion, while claiming that what you and I had both observed was
impossible, and therefore we were confused!

John, N9JG