[TenTec] OMNI VI+ "bleep" on CW

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI+ "bleep" on CW
From: Dennis Ashworth <K7FL@ARRL.NET>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 12:41:49 -0700
I received a note from Ken, N9VV reporting: " Every so often your
signal sent out a "bloop" sounding change in frequency. It wasn't at
a specific time, but it did reoccur frequently." Mode was CW.

Fortunately Ken sent an MP3 file which clearly demonstrates a
problem. The frequency shift does not seem to appear on key down - to
my aging ears, it sounds like it happens on the break.

I'd be pleased to share the MP3 file with anyone interested in
hearing/diagnosing the problem. It's been subjected to the latest
Norton dat files and should be clean of anything harmful. You may
e-mail me directly at <K7FL@ARRL.NET> for a copy.

My personal thanks to folks like Ken N9VV who provide objective,
helpful reports such this.

Many thanks folks,
Dennis, K7FL
Battle Ground, WA