Re: [TenTec] Orion II Firmware update...how soon?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II Firmware update...how soon?
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@tx.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 18:45:01 -0500
> Grant, the NR on my 1000mp smokes the Orion II in every
> sense. The NR on my
> TS-2000 smokes the NR on the Orion II again in every sense.
> The bottom line
> is I don't care how tentec does it...but at least make it
> work i.e. enhance
> the signal by removing the noise around it.

I said nothing about how it works in some absolute sense.  I'm happy you
have radios where the NR does wonderful things, and glad you can have the
choice of which radio to select for a particular set of band conditions.

I have several NR devices around here aside from the radios.  Sometimes one
works works and the rest mostly suck.  Sometimes a different one works, and
the rest suck.  Sometimes -- believe it or not -- the one in one of the
Orions works the best, and the rest aren't worth a tinker's d*mn.

Do I want to see an improvement in the Orion I/II NR?  Of course I do.  But
what "smokes" one day, doesn't always work so well the next.  I'm waiting
for perfection -- then I'll be satisified :-)

Grant/NQ5T