Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V or Jupiter

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V or Jupiter
From: "Bill Rowlett" <kc4atu@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 17:35:45 +0000
How can tell him he will be disappointed in a rig that you have never owned.
You know the Jupitor, so keep your comments there. The Argonaut is also a
full coverage rig and is a very good SWL receiver too.

I on the other hand, have the Argonaut V and love it. I am 100% QRP. Have
had 100 watt rigs but have always returned to QRP. I find the adjustable
band width very usefull over a fixed filter system.

Henry is correct that it depends on what type of rig you want. Both have
excellant receivers, so it depends on your needs when it comes to output
power. One is a 20 watt fig and the other is 100 watts. You are looking at
the best of both worlds.

For me, it would be the lower power rig. Those who live next to me do not
know of my hobby and the low power keeps it that way.

What a nice spot you find yourself in. A new rig is allways fun.

73,  KC4ATU