Re: [TenTec] Orion 1 RIT problem

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 1 RIT problem
From: "John T. Fleming" <W3GQJ@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 15:47:07 -0400
Tim,

There must be a plate through involved with the RIT control.  Mine started
acting up shortly after I bought my Orion in 2003.  I eventually removed the
top and bottom covers and removed the 10 screws that held on the front
panel.  I used my pencil soldering iron and re-heated the pins for the RIT
control.  It worked fine until earlier this week when I pushed the knob to
reset it back to ZERO.  Then it started acting up again.  Yesterday, I went
through the same process again and now the control is working fine.  Be
careful when re-heating the pins.  3 of them are close together.

You can do the repair by just laying the front panel on the knobs and do not
have to unplug anything.  Good luck.

73,
John