Re: [TenTec] transverters

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] transverters
From: Duane - N9DG <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 06:30:55 -0700 (PDT)
These are options:

http://www.downeastmicrowave.com
Note that they are temporarily closed until June sometime as
they are moving their entire buisness operation from NJ to
FL.

http://www.ssbusa.com/

http://www.elecraft.com/

The Downeast and Elecraft being the next least expensive
after Ten Tec's. The German made transverters from SSB are
very good, but they  do come at a price,

I have not seen or heard anything of Microwave Modules for
many years now. There are various older units of theirs
floating around out there. FWW the current Downeast and
Elecraft transverters out perform the microwave modules quite
handily.

All in all the Downeast or Elecraft will be your best bet for
performance to $ spent ratio.

Duane
N9DG