[TenTec] Revisit: Re: ORION II ver. 2.038k RIT? XIT?

To: Tentec reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Revisit: Re: ORION II ver. 2.038k RIT? XIT?
From: <dbp@tds.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:26:48 -0400
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION II ver. 2.038k RIT? XIT?
To: "Ten-Tec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>

> Just loaded v. 2.038k into my Orion II. Easy as usual but,
> no RIT or XIT! Oh, it will change + 10 but that is all.

this is exactly the way my encoder acted when it failed.

 I figured it was software related or a fluke so I re-loaded the software
atleast 3 times with no luck. I did a Master reset twice with no luck and did
not save the memories. Still no RIT or XIT.
 Then I did a RAM reset followed by a Master reset and did not save any
memories. After turning the rig on two or three times and checking the RIT and
XIT, it finally worked.
 The only science is that it hadn't been a control problem before so I couldn't
accept that it was this time. Persistence helped.

73 de Dave in NH  K1OPQ