Re: [TenTec] Revisit: Re: ORION II ver. 2.038k RIT? XIT?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Revisit: Re: ORION II ver. 2.038k RIT? XIT?
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@tx.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 15:51:56 -0500
>  Then I did a RAM reset followed by a Master reset and did
> not save any memories. After turning the rig on two or three
> times and checking the RIT and XIT, it finally worked.

It really sounds like all of the fiddling with the control (at least
temporarily) fixed the mechanical or contact issue with the control itself.

There's no reason why turning it off and on several times would suddenly
make it work if were a soft problem.  If that actually fixed this problem,
you have much bigger issues with the radio than a flakey RIT control :)

Grant/NQ5T