[TenTec] V2.061f Issues

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] V2.061f Issues
From: "Merle Bone" <merlebone@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 22:54:10 -0500
I ran V2.062f for about a day and then went back to V1.373b5. A lot of progress
has been made with issues in the V2 firmware. However, although the "big pop"
is no longer at the end of each code element on the CW sidetone, there is a
"raspy sound" that sounds like an "AGC tail." I slowed the CW down to 3WPM and
you can clearly hear the "rasp" at the end of each code element (At higher
speeds it just sounds "noisy."). I wonder if this is also on the Orion II
sidetone or if it is unique to the Orion?

Also, on receive, I hear a very grating distortion on "sound peaks,"
particularly on noise peaks. The higher the system gain, the worse the
distortion gets. So if you turn off the preamp, the distortion is reduced - but
not eliminated. The combination of the distortion on receive and the "raspy
sound" at the end of each code element on the sidetone just "wore me out" after
a number of hours of operation.

Hoping for a "simple" resolution to these two issues.
73, Merle - W0EWM