Re: [TenTec] New Orion I v2 Firmware version: 2.062a

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Orion I v2 Firmware version: 2.062a
From: wa3fiy@radioadv.com
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 10:58:40 -0400
On 26 May 2007 at 10:25, K4IA@aol.com wrote:

> Sidetone audio is tinny.  Sounds like a set of old headphones I had  with a
> metal diaphragm.  Very fatiguing to listen to.

Interesting!   I have about a dozen different headsets around here from
aircraft style to
Koss stereo HiFi, various types from the FM broadcast station and two pairs of
Trimm
Professionals, the ones with a metal diaphragm.  Guess which I prefer on CW?
Yep, the
Trimm's.  They have a nice clean, crisp sound unmatched by all the others.
Very
uncomfortable though until I found some Radio Shack foam pads that fit
perfectly.

Just goes to show how different our preferences are and what challenges
equipment
designers have in designing equipment that works well for all users.  A lot
more difficult
job than we might think.

Everyone have a nice Memorial Day and please remember and honor those who gave
their lives that the rest of us could be free.

73,

-Lee-
WA3FIY