Re: [TenTec] Mod for Paraagon to 60 meters and other questions

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Mod for Paraagon to 60 meters and other questions
From: "C. Mark Cring" <n8coo@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 20:32:11 -0700 (PDT)
Tom,

1. The Paragon can be modified to transmit 1.7-30 MHz by cutting the
"Ham" jumper on the Logic Board.  See page 6-79 of your manual. Of
course you have to properly adjust the frequency, mode, and power for
the 60 meter "channels".

2. I haven't had any problem with the clock freezing so can't help
there.

3. I have isolation transformers and a 5k pot on the input (transmit
audio) so I can adjust the drive. I use the rear jacks for sound card
inputs/outputs and works well.  That way I can leave the microphone
plugged in. With the Ten-Tec 705 mic I'm using the mic audio is
isolated  when the PTT button isn't pressed, so I don't have to worry
about room noise getting in the signal. (I have the switch on the
bottom of the 705 set to PTT).  I also have a switch on the interface
to cut the transmit audio I can use so computer noises don't get in the
rig unintentionally when I'm not using sound card modes.

I ended up padding the receive audio down as well as I am now using a
laptop that only has a mic input on the sound card (no line input).

Hope that helps out!

73, Mark, N8COO