Re: [TenTec] re Lightning Strike Results...

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] re Lightning Strike Results...
From: Merv Schweigert <k9fd@flex.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 09:30:51 -1000
I checked into the ARRL insurance years ago, and they said you list it all,
at the time I had quite a boatanchor set up plus contest stations etc.
It was
not feasable at all and the price was way too high.  I had the homeowners
insurance agent write a addition to the policy to cover towers antennas
and radio contents for exact replacement.  Was much cheaper.  But be
sure and check with the agent, many homeowner policies do not cover
out side structures ie: towers etc.  But adding the writer is easy.
Just my mileage.  The only thing the insurance required was proof of proper
grounding on towers etc. Agent inspected the ground rods etc.
Merv K9FD/KH6