Re: [TenTec] Omni VII

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VII
From: "Rick, NJ0IP / DJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:23:31 -0500
John, it might be that the early release of the Rob Sherwood took the wind
out of the sails.  Did we learn anything new from the ARRL report?

Personally, I do not need ARRL labs to test and report on a radio.
If I can get my hands on one, I feel just using it on good antennas in a
contest (where the rubber meets the road) is a good enough test.  It's nice
to have the ARRL review as a sanity check, but heck, the radio performs good
enough for all but the purists!  (and we've known that for a couple of
months now)

Price is relative.  The cost of average transceivers has gone down in the
past 10 to 15 years, but the adjusted price of the O7 is really not as bad
as that of the O6 and O6+ were in their day (if you added all the filters).

73
Rick