Re: [TenTec] (no subject)

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] (no subject)
From: "Duane Calvin" <ac5aa1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:43:50 -0500
The fan is not what is noisy - or at least, is not the root cause of the
noise.  The cause is that close proximity of the intake of the fan to the
slots on the side of the cabinet.  You could try slowing the fan down, or,
more drastically, cut out the sheet metal of the cabinet side in front of
the fan intake (cover with hardware cloth or something else to keep you from
putting your fingers into the fan - it should be as "open" as possible).
Someone on the reflector took a pliers and "tilted" each of the slots in
front of the fan - that also might help and would be less intrusive on the
cabinet.  I don't recall how well it worked.

        73, Duane  (Centurion - been there, done that!)

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas
www.ac5aa.com