Re: [TenTec] antenna

To: <n5ge@n5ge.com>,"'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] antenna
From: "Duane Calvin" <ac5aa1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 22:40:48 -0500
I think what you're looking for is "black Dacron rope" which, unlike nylon,
does not stretch, and does not break down nearly as quickly due to
ultraviolet in sunlight.  It's available in several diameters from most of
the ham stores in spools of various lengths.  I also see it at most of the
ham swap meets from various vendors.  I've had it in use here at my QTH for
10 years as guys for my vertical and supports for the G5RV.  It still is
holding up well.

        73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas