Re: [TenTec] Paragon (585) question

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>,<k9uw@wi-net.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon (585) question
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:52:38 -0500
Nope, not typical of either the Paragon or Paragon II.  I either own or have
owned both. Sounds like an alignment issue with either the PBT or maybe a
ground not being solid on the processor board.  Pushing a non-related button
causes the MUX to send a request for service to the MP and the scan rate
changes thus the tone changes.

Make sure all IDC connectors are seated, actually pull each carefully and
reseat them, make sure the MP chip is well seated in the socket.  Also, snug
the screws around the edge of the board.  They serve to connect the ground
plane on the PCB to the chassis.

73
Bob, K4TAX