[TenTec] New Jupiter firmware

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New Jupiter firmware
From: <jones_winston@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 13:18:38 -0500
The new Jupiter software update adds mic boost for dynamic microphones. Does
anybody know exactly
what this does? The Website doesn't have a detailed explanation.

I assume it must be a preamp function for low-level microphones. I use a Heil
Pro on my Jupiter and
have to turn  the gain up to about 70 to put out  a good signal. Will this new
function help this mic so it
can be operated at lower gain levels?

I used to use the Ten-Tec  Model 700 mic  and it worked fine around 30.

Any help and suggestions will be appreciated.

73, Winston K4CWQ