Re: [TenTec] Off topic, sort of

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Off topic, sort of
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 17:08:28 +0000
<<The only things those radios need to complete the look are
tailfins and chrome. They look like parodies of radios, with the obvious
intent being to place as many buttons and knobs as physically possible on the front panel, regardless of function...ridiculous.>>

I agree with this assessment of the new Yaesus. One thing I forgot to mention yesterday is that Ten Tec can do a good job if they want to. The RX340 receiver looks great. They can really make their non-ham gear look real solid and high quality. I wish they could do the same for the ham radio line.

73,

rob / k5uj