Re: [TenTec] greetings!

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] greetings!
From: <waltk8cv4612amos@att.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 14:58:31 -0400
Delta what ? I have a Delta II and it is an OK SSB radio but not great.
There is a fault with the AGC that makes it hard to listen to. There is a
mod for this but if you are new to radios probably beyond your expertise.
The mod was designed by a Canadian ham and does seem to improve the hang
time.

All TenTec radios before the Paragon had audio agc and this is not good. If
you are an old timer who rides the RF gain control, AUDIO agc is not so bad
but with the RF gain up all the way you get a pop in the ear on the leading
edge of each character. Not nice!

Also the NB on older than Paragon TenTec rigs did not work at all ! Yep,
didn't even work ! NADA !!

BUT they were still super CW rigs if you could live with the faults and they
were all ham band only radios too.

Walt K8CV Royal Oak, MI.