Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Net Frequencies & Times?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Net Frequencies & Times?
From: "Pfizenmayer" <pfizenmayer@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 11:58:17 -0700
Now lets see -- 4:30 pm - Eastern time - but is that EST or EDT ??  So 1630
EST to UTC is 2130Z  - but if its EDT its 2030Z

By same token 5:30 pm  becomes either 2130Z or 2230Z .

Now my QST says from first Sunday in April to last Sunday in October  UTC is
Eastern Time + 4 hours. And rest of year its Eastern Time plus 5 hours.

So I guess after all that the Net on 20 is at 1630EST  plus 4 or 2030Z.

20 meter net at 1730 plus 4 or 2130Z.

I have begged ARRL for several years to PLEASE add a column of UTC to THEIR
schedules - with no success at all. Every year they say " Yep thats a good
idea "- but it never happens. Ever try to figure out when FD messages will
be sent ? When you live in a state that never changes time it further
confuses the issues.

 I dunno -- UTC seems so easy to me - just get it from WWV - no
calculations - no looking up is  daylight savings there , do they have
daylight savings , no plus or minus an hour etc etc .

Hank K7HP