Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Net Frequencies & Times?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Net Frequencies & Times?
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 18:59:14 -1000
Hi Bill,

What you are recommending is exactly what those of us who have commented
on this topic are wishing for.

List all net schedules, contest operating periods, W1AW transmission
times and anything else that is scheduled to occur on the HF bands ( and
would therefore be listened to or participated in by people in many time
zones ) in Zulu time, UTC or GMT. Then we can all easily figure out what
the scheduled time is for us, since as radio operators we all know our
local time to UTC difference.

Once upon a time the W1AW schedules were listed in QST that way, and as
Novices most of us learned about GMT versus local time so that we could
participate as members of the international radio community. For a few
years now QST has abandoned the standard and reasonable way to list W1AW
schedules, in favor of listing times for only four time zones in the
western hemisphere. They have told me there is not enough room to list
it in UTC. That is absurd, because listing it ONLY in UTC would better
serve ALL amateurs and would take up less space than what they presently
are doing.

DE N6KB