[TenTec] For Sale: Scout 555, 8 Band Modules & Noise Blanker

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] For Sale: Scout 555, 8 Band Modules & Noise Blanker
From: "Jeff T. Casey" <ne2j@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 17:07:57 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all,

As my laborious shack cleaning project moves
inexorably toward the holy grail of Neatness (which
all true hams know in their hearts is ultimately
unattainable, despite what their significant others
say), I now have for sale a Ten-Tec Scout, model 555
transceiver, including eight band modules covering 80
through 10 meters, an installed Ten-Tec noise blanker,
and the instruction manual.

I'm the rig's original owner.  It works great and is
in excellent cosmetic condition.  Photos are available
upon request.

The price for all of the above is $290, and I'll pay
for shipping and insurance within the U.S.  Payment
must be by U.S. Postal Service money order only.

Incidentally, you can find a QST advertisement for the
Scout here (click on "Transceivers" on the left-hand
side of the page, then scroll down and click on
"555"):
http://www.qsl.net/tentec/
(Note that the $549 price for a new Scout included
only one band module and no noise blanker.  The new
price of my rig, with 8 band modules, the noise
blanker, and shipping, was about $800.)

If you're interested in the Scout, please email me at:
ne2j [at] arrl [dot] net

Thanks very much & 73,
Jeff, NE2J
Long Island, NY