Re: [TenTec] Mic Help

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Mic Help
From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@tbc.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 13:55:37 -0500
There is no need to bypass the D104 preamp.  I use amplified D104 mics
with my Omni V and Argonaut II, and get excellent audio reports.  I have
a deep voice and the mics work out fine for me.  The amplifier also
helps match the very high impedance of the crystal or ceramic mic
element and the low impedance input of modern rigs.  With the
unamplified D104s, you often have to play around with a series resistor
to tailor the response curve of the cartridge to your voice and the
input impedance of the rig.

Steve WA9JML