[TenTec] ten tecs have 100 watts out on carrier??

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ten tecs have 100 watts out on carrier??
From: john ferro <foxbat426@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 11:16:04 -0400
i own a paragon II and a corsair - my question is: why do ten tecs put out 100
watts at full power on the carrier vs. japanese radios putting out only 40 or
50 watts max? when i back off my ten tec's to 50 watts out (in the tune mode)
and then switch to SSB my voice peaks are low compared to the jap. rigs.
obviously there is something here i don't understand. thanks in advance - john