Re: [TenTec] Scout question

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scout question
From: ron <roncasa@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 19:02:49 -0400
Ernie Piche N1SW wrote:
> I have had a used Scout now for quite a while and I was wondering how
> effective the noise blanker is supposed to be.  I have been recently
> using the rig in my car and I notice that the noise blanker seems to
> only drop the ignition noise down a small amount.  Is the blanker not
> very effective or could there be something wrong with mine.  Any mobile
> users out there experience poor operation?  How effective is it supposed
> to be on other types of electrical noise in general?

My noise blanker is effective for PULSE type noise (as with all of them)
it does not filter electrical noise.

My Scout has been very good in the car. Maybe have TT look at it.

AND:
Thank you so much for calling it by proper name. (it does not belong in
the so called "Argo" class - no, not even the 556)

Ron, wb1hga
"the 516 is a keeper"