[TenTec] bringing up an old amp

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] bringing up an old amp
From: Clark Savage Turner <csturner@kcbx.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:23:29 -0700
Anyone have a quick link or a reference to the right way to bring up an
old amp power supply?  I have a variac for both 120 and 220, and I got
an old friend's Drake L4B, not used for at least 10 years (maybe more)
and nothing was apparently wrong when it was stored (he was looking for
chimney's of some sort).  I'd like to bring the power supply up so that
the electrolytic caps will work once again.  I'd love to find basic,
detailed instructions, its something I've never attempted before.
Thought I'd ask here, most trusted list I know :-)

Now, for Ten Tec content, I still have several (cycolac?) panels from
the satellite box, I think these panels would fit the Argonaut 505 and
509 maybe, I can measure them again if you are interested, I just want
to send them out to someone who might use them.

Clark
WA3JPG