Re: [TenTec] bringing up an old amp

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] bringing up an old amp
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 20:56:04 -0500
Start with the Variac at zero, be sure the amp is set for 240 volt primary
and use the 240 Variac.  Turn on the amp and bring the voltage on the Variac
up 20 volts per hour.  That will take 12 hours to get to nominal line
voltage.  If there are any unusual signs, noises, hiss or otherwise, shut it
all down and investigate.

73
Bob, K4TAX