[TenTec] Orion 1 sub-receiver

To: "TEN TEC LIST" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 1 sub-receiver
From: "G.C." <g.crosta@tin.it>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 21:37:10 +0200
Dear all,

I truly don't know what happened but this is the situation today:

- switching on the transceiver the sub-receiver doesn't work at all

- as previously suggested by Paul and Carl I checked all the rtx functions and
the 2nd receiver doesn't work

- I decided to open the top cover of the unit while the radio is on but nothing
happen

- I check all the wiring and connect-disconnect the coax connectors of the 2nd
receiver unit again nothing happen

- unscrew the loudspeaker from the chassis, remove it and.....the receiver
start to work miraculously

- switch on and off the radio many times and the 2nd receiver always do its job
precisely

Conclusion

I hope the radio will continue to work but I'm still curious to understand what
happened....

Any idea about that?

Giuseppe IZ2ABU