[TenTec] Orion subreceiver 2nd i.f. freq

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>,orion565@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion subreceiver 2nd i.f. freq
From: "Barry N1EU" <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 23:46:05 +0000
Does anyone know for sure whether the 2nd i.f. frequency of the Orion
subreceiver is 450Khz or 455Khz?

The ceramic filter indicated on the schematic seems to indicate 455Khz
but the part in my Orion seems to indicate 450Khz.

I'm investigating the possibilities of modifying the Orion subrx for
higher performance than the 15Khz wide stock filter provides and there
are obvious advantages in terms of filter availability if it really is
455Khz.

Thanks & 73,
Barry N1EU