Re: [TenTec] TenTec 963 Power Supply

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec 963 Power Supply
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:19:24 -0500
I use a Astron SS-30M {M is for meters} for my Omni VII.   Works just fine.
While looking for another concern I did, however, found a small assembly
problem inside the power supply. At the point the wire lugs were attached to
the back side of the DC power terminals I found that nice nickel plated nuts
and lock washers were not tight.  This produced a minor voltage drop but
only on peak loads and was not observed on the front panel meter as it is
before the connectors.

Additionally, I added a nice ground lug to the chassis, although the DC
negative is connected to the chassis.  I added a 0.01 mf cap mounted using
some internal tooth solder lugs across the DC output connectors.  This
solved some minor issues that I have previously observed.

In re-assembly of the case, I noted that the paint on the base panel and the
paint on the top cover did not appear to allow for good connection between
the top cover and base.  A bit of sandpaper used around the screw holes on
the inside of the top cover and at the screw holes on the base plate
corrected the concerns.

73
Bob, K4TAX