[TenTec] OMNI VI 9MHZ filters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI 9MHZ filters
From: "Paul DeWitte K9OT" <k9ot@mhtc.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 00:09:37 -0500
I put in a 219 250 hz filter in the 9 mhz if slot. It replaced a 400 hz
Inrad filter. I find that it has quite a bit of attenuation (maybe 10db?).
But it does reduce the QRN a lot. This is on 80 & 160m.

Do others find this or maybe I have a bad filter. And yes I have the jumper
in the high gain position. And boy does it narrow up the passband.

I have not had time to see if this makes the difference in copying DX in the
noise or not.

I think that I tried a 221 filter and did not like it for some reason, I
dont remember. Different center frequency?

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks
73 Paul K9OT