[TenTec] Wiring a Ten-Tec 215P Microphone for Omni's

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Wiring a Ten-Tec 215P Microphone for Omni's
From: Karl Schwab <ktschwab@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 07:17:34 -0700 (PDT)
Hi guys, I just picked up a second Ten-Tec microphone,
I believe it would be the 215P model, but has no
markings on other than a orange colored TT logo and
had a 4 connector plug attached. The TT Omni's, my "D"
and Series "C", use a 1/4" stero phone plug. I am told
that these mics are actually Electro-voice.  I am
confused on wiring the second mic.  In comparing the
internals of these two mics, the working one has fewer
wires and a simpler switch; ie, fewer contacts and
works perfectly in both radios.  The second mic has
more wires coming from the mic element and more wires
in the cord.  I "played" with wiring various wires to
the stereo plug, and had no luck.  In one of the
wirings, the transmitter would key up and speading
into the mic gave me transmitter output, so I would
guess that the mic element is okay.  One would think
that wiring a microphone would be a "no brainer", but
not necessarily!  Anyone have a wiring diagram for
this series of TT mics?  Thanks, Karl, KO8S