Re: [TenTec] OMIN VII

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMIN VII
From: "Rick, NJ0IP / DJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 21:15:25 -0600
SGC is just a small niche player in the market.

It also looks like Elecraft is set to emerge as another important U.S.
player, now that the K3 is shipping.  I would rank them much higher than SGC
in importance to our ham market (IMHO).

With the Orion II, Omni VII, Jupiter, K3, and K2, the US vendors now offer
an outstanding alternative to the JA players.  What's missing is a rig in
the IC-706 class.

The Argonaut V and K2(10w) cover the QRP class quite nicely.

As far as (tube) linears go, as posted by someone else earlier, there are
several outstanding US manufacturers.  Where we are hurting here is on
choice of solid state amps.

Bottom Line:  We have some pretty great choices right here at home.  I see
no reason not to fly the flag (except maybe for a mobile rig).

73
Rick