Re: [TenTec] OMIN VII

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMIN VII
From: "James Duffer" <dufferjames@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 20:34:56 -0600

From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@doctorgary.net>
To: tentec@contesting.com
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 20:56:25 -0500
snip

Of all the major USA makers since I started as a a ham, TenTec is the last one going and talking to TenTec has always been a pleasure. Their support has always been better than most and efficient too. I'll support them if for no other reason than they make me feel like they really do care. And indeed I think they do care.
snip

Has SGC gone out of business? Although maybe not considered "major", they did manfacturer the SGC 2020, the 2000, the Excellent antenna tuner, and the "cube" amplfier. I did own a SGC 2000 and operated mobile, but never felt that it was a real "ham" radio. The tuner was fine business. I still have the SGC 2000 stuffed somewhere in my garage. I replaced it with a ICOM 706.

Jim, wd4air

Gary
ka1j