Re: [TenTec] Comments? Quotes? Problems? Omni VII

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Comments? Quotes? Problems? Omni VII
From: "Denton" <denton@oregontrail.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 10:50:13 -0800
....Just about bullet proof a rig you can buy!
Have had one for several month now. I also have an Omni VI plus upraded to
option 3 and the performance between the two rigs is identical, plus you
have upgrade via flash rom capability.
Am also using N4PY's software to drive the Omni 7. Highly recommended.
If you spring for the 7, you will need to make up your mind to get it with
or sans the built in auto antenna tuner. Mine does not have it, but using
N4PY software allows one to use an external LDG pc-200 tuner...which if I
remember is a bit cheaper and more flexable (it will tune 6 meters) than the
internal tuner.