Re: [TenTec] OMIN VII

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMIN VII
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@doctorgary.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 20:56:25 -0500
Dave Sez:

> I too observe a lot of negative "Tentec ism" on the bands.  I guess
> there may a jealous or envious streak in some folks, specially those
> that want to be like everyone else and own one of the "big 3".

I can't think of one single thing that doesn't generate opposite
opinions, given enough opinions and TenTec couldn't be any different.
I'm a minor player in the radio arena but I've had several really
nice radios that were new then & old now. Of all the experiences I've
had with customer care, the very best was with Collins, Drake and
TenTec. My absolutely most insulting experience was with Kenwood.
I've had several "overseas" radios and they all were pretty but
needed a lot of care & feeding. I've always felt TenTec was
functional & with few frills but aesthetically with clean and
attractive lines. I've always thought their receivers were the best
of any I have personally used.

Of all the major USA makers since I started as a a ham, TenTec is the
last one going and talking to TenTec has always been a pleasure.
Their support has always been better than most and efficient too.
I'll support them if for no other reason than they make me feel like
they really do care. And indeed I think they do care.

O'course saying that here is for the most part like preaching to the
choir. As long as they're doing the best they can for me (us) I'll
keep on supporting them.

Gary
ka1j