Re: [TenTec] For Sale Omni A/B and power Supply

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] For Sale Omni A/B and power Supply
From: "John T. Fleming" <W3GQJ@embarqmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 16:01:22 -0500
Winston,

I had a Triton II and it was a good radio.  After I had the Triton II, there
was an upgrade from a 4 pole filter to the 8 pole filter.  I remember
thinking that 75 meters was dead after getting the upgrade because the
filter was so sharp compared to the 4 pole.  Maybe that was the Triton III?
I do understand that Ten-Tec had to stop using the Triton name because
Motorola had a copyright on it as a transistor name and I guess the type of
product was too close in nature.

73,
John