Re: [TenTec] For Sale Omni A/B and power Supply

To: jones_winston@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: [TenTec] For Sale Omni A/B and power Supply
From: Kevin Purcell <kevinpurcell@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 13:05:45 -0800
I don't know where the Triton III went.

A useful place to look for (or add too if you know the history) is

http://tentecwiki.org/

Particularly

<http://tentecwiki.org/doku.php?id=transceivers&s=triton>

Triton    was Model 510
Triton II was Model 520
Triton IV was Model 540
Triton IV digital was the Model 544

Even the Triton had its own set of naming problems ...

<http://tentecwiki.org/doku.php?id=544>

> From the Ten-Tec Reflector November 1, 1999
>
> Ten-Tec was threatened with legal action from a major
> communications company over the use of the name "Triton" for radio
> equipment. Rather than have David fight Goliath, we politely
> changed the name of the radio from the model 544 Triton IV to the
> "Model 544" - the "Model 544" name plate on the front was used for
> approximately the last year of production of the model. After that,
> our top of the line radio became "Omni…"
>
> 73,
>
> Scott Robbins, W4PA
>
> Amateur Radio Product Manager

But there seems never to have been a Model 530, Triton III. Perhaps
gone the way of the RX321 :-)

Kevin Purcell
kevinpurcell@pobox.com