[TenTec] 227 Tuner Replacement

To: "Ten-Tec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 227 Tuner Replacement
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 18:16:40 -0500
Well, the good news is that W3WH came over this afternoon with his
tennis-ball shooting air-powered PVC mini bazooka, and I now have a wire
going almost vertical about 60 feet into the tree, and then another 50 feet
down to another tree.  Not quite the inverted "L" I'd hoped for, but one
step at a time.

Problem is... well, my trusty little 227 tuner will tune it on 160.  Just
barely.  Considering that the tuner was, as I recall, only designed for 80 -
10, and that the wire isn't (yet) as long as I'd like, I can't say that's
surprising.

So the time perchance has come to suppliment or even replace the 227 with
something else.  Power is not a major concern at present -- I have no
amps -- but enough built-in inductance to cover 160 is.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to look for on the used market for a
reasonable cost?  I'd like to stay with TenTec if I can, but that's not cast
in stone.

73, ron w3wn