Re: [TenTec] OT: RFI from Plasma TV?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: RFI from Plasma TV?
From: "Carter, K8VT" <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:45:08 -0500
ron wrote:

>  My answer to the question on RFI from "plasma" devices is:
>
>  assume it's no more or no less than ordinary experiences hams have
>  with "conventional" tellies.

Ron,
Please don't "assume"; Without referring to any specific model numbers,
plasmas, in general,  have been notorious for creating interference,
more so than LCDs or the TI mirrors... (-All- sets have horizontal
oscillators that are capable of putting out spurs, but that is not to be
confused with the interference caused by the high voltage generated plasma).