Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII and Heil Pro Headset.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII and Heil Pro Headset.
From: Ernie Piche N1SW <n1sw@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 06:43:31 -0500
Bob McGraw - K4TAX wrote:
> Use the KEY jack.  Closing the "DA" connection, TIP/SLEEVE, puts the radio
> in transmit in the USB or LSB mode.  No connection to the MIKE jack needed
> for PTT.
>
> 73
> Bob, K4TAX

Yes that can be done but then you have to plug/unplug when you want to
use CW or PSK or other digital modes.  It seems that some kind of fix is
in order instead of pulling the rig in and out on the bench to change
wires.  My external PTT switch works fine but now you have another wire
to deal with.  It would be great if either Heil or TT had a solution.
Not a big deal for me be cause I only use the headset during a contest
and use the D 104 the few other times I operate voice.  Well just a
point I wondered if anyone else had experienced.
73 gang
Ernie