Re: [TenTec] Astatic Mikes

To: "Paul Gates, KD3JF" <pearly732003@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Astatic Mikes
From: "Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <gsm@mendelson.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:54:45 +0200
On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 03:45:41AM -0800, Paul Gates, KD3JF wrote:

> The other day I googled Astatic to see if elements were still
> available for the 10-D mike. I learned that part of Astatic was sold a
> couple of years ago to Barjan Products. Barjan has bought a lot of
> companies, I noticed. The funny thing was that the person who responded
> to me thought the 10-D mike was part of their Mobile products.

They did make a mobile version, It was basicly a hand mike scaled up to
take the large cartridge in the lolipop version. I don't know the product
number, and AFAIK they all were amplified.

They were very popular among CB'ers because of the high quality sound
and the ability to "crank up the volume". Since they were so large,
custom shops added things like "roger beeps" and echo to them.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel gsm@mendelson.com  N3OWJ/4X1GM
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838