Re: [TenTec] Orion Repaired and Back to V1.373b5

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Repaired and Back to V1.373b5
From: Mark Erbaugh <mark@microenh.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:59:57 -0500
On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 09:07 -0600, Merle Bone wrote:
>    Hopefully this isn't the end for the Orion firmware.

TT Firmware is a sore spot with me.  It's been years since they updated
the Pegasus firmware.  Last year (2006), they updated the Jupiter
firmware with an additional narrow filter which is one thing lacking on
the Pegasus (the 300 Hz filter has such shallow skirts, it's more like
600).  Even though the Pegasus and the Jupiter share the same processor
and I assume a lot of common code, TenTec has never added this update to
the Pegasus.

I'm guessing you will find that now that the original Orion has been
discontinued, you will be out of luck as far as updates. A lot of stuff
is promised to get the sale that never seems to materialize.

One thing TT could do to make the situation better is to license the
code to third party developers, or better yet, make it available to all
under some open source license.

Mark