Re: [TenTec] Article on 40th anniversary of Ten-Tec

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>,tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Article on 40th anniversary of Ten-Tec
From: John/K4WJ <k4wj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 17:17:31 -0500
It is a nice article. However the last paragraph left me confused,
which isn't hard to do.

"There are not enough highly technical people coming out of our
schools," he said. "Generally we have to import them. And
transportation is tough. We have trucks come in here from all around,
and they find it tough to get here at the appointed time. But you run
into that everywhere."

Is Burchfield suggesting that all of the "imported" employees drive
trucks, or did the author not understand him? :-)I'm thinking the
author should have made the transportation of materials issue, it
this is what Burchfield is referring to, a separate paragraph.

Thanks for calling this to our attention Scott,

73..de John/K4WJ

At 02:33 PM 12/17/2007, Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales wrote:
>This appeared in the Sevierville newspaper, the Mountain Press, on Sunday:
>
>http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?brd=1211
>
>Scroll down towards the bottom of the page.

73..de John/K4WJ
ex K8PXG 18 Jun 1959 to 11 Feb 1997
K8WJ 12 Feb 1997 to 08 Apr 1997