Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Power Supply Wiring

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Power Supply Wiring
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 18:46:56 -0600
I suggest that you not do that.  It brings mains voltage into the radio.
This was done on earlier radios but discontinued in later radios that have
processors.  It is necessary to allow the Vcc to stabilize before the MP
routine is started.  It is best to switch on the power supply and let it
settle {usually 1 second or less} and then turn on the radio.

If the feature exists on the power supply, in order to get it to turn on it
will require a jumper between pins 2 & 3 of the 4 pin connector.  The
outside pins, 1 & 4, are the 13.8 VDC.  The jumper is located inside the
radio on the Paragon and the Omni VI Plus per the manuals I have.

73
Bob, K4TAX