Re: [TenTec] ot

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ot
From: "Lyle Dunlap" <qskqrq@grics.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 08:29:35 -0600
John,

Since you know what each letter stands for.  Move on up to whatever you want
to achieve.  Of course if you wish to stay with the "See Spot Run Fellows"
does not really matter.

If you wish to copy words and have enjoyable QSO's then you head for approx
55 WPM.  Thats the  approximate  break point where you listen to words and
not have to put characters together which is more taxing to your mind.

Main thing RELAX your mind and if you miss a word or character dont dwell on
what it was.

I can say that now but most of my life was having to copy coded groups and
be correct.  So accuracy was paramount, speed secondary.  Not so for for
casual conversation, at 60, 70 or above wpm you can even misspel words now
and then and it will not even be noticed.

After many years of bugs and paddles I find keyboard sending and pair of
headphones for listening more interesting.  I took typing in high school
many years ago so I could copy code.

If you wish any more information or desire further discussion lets do it
direct.  Lyle W9FCX qskqrq@grics.net