Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Dilema

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Dilema
From: "Wayne Whitman" <wwhitman@fastmail.fm>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 21:31:05 -0600
Add the Inrad cw roofing filter to the Omni VI/VI+ and according to
Inrad specs, it's 2khz IMD dynamic range is between an Orion and an
Orion II as compared to Sherwood Engineering data.
I'm running an Orion II next to an Omni VI+ and I can usually copy weak
cw signals a tiny bit better on the Omni VI+.
Completely subjective, based on my hearing.
Your mileage may vary, but for cw work, I prefer the Omni, but I'm not
giving up the Orion II.
Make sure you know what filters are installed in a used Omni before
buying.

Wayne
K4ELO
k4elo@fastmail.fm