Re: [TenTec] Orion and Orion II

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion and Orion II
From: Leo Bricker K5LDB <k5ldb.leo@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:26:48 -0600
Actually JFK, upon the birth of JFK, Jr., became JFK, Sr.

Actually he didn't. If you go back and check his birth certificate, his
official and legal name, there was no change at the birth of his son.
When discussing people, only as a means of differentiation, the question
of Sr. or Jr. often comes up. I am very glad to be named for my dad. If
I telephone the doctor or dentist we both go to and give my name without
the Jr. they will often ask Sr. or Jr. just as they will when my dad
calls since we sound similar. That's not because it's his name, it's
just the convenient human way to differentiate. Unless an individual
goes to court to legally change their name they never change from
Somebody to  Somebody Sr. just because they have a son named Somebody Jr.

--
73 K5LDB