[TenTec] ORION II CW pile up readability

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ORION II CW pile up readability
From: Tõnno Vähk <Tonno.Vahk@gildbankers.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 19:47:23 +0200
Guys, could I get some advice. I have been trying to get used to my OII for a
while now and in some instances it is great compared to my old fully loaded
MP's. Sharp filters, great sensitivity, good strong signal handling, more
effective NR than MP, etc...

But I find it extremely difficult to handle CW pile up as it is so much more
difficult to read out single calls from pile up. They all sound the same and
form a mass of signals. It was very difficult this weekend on 160 to hear DX
station from the endless EU callers in his pile-up. I don't know what it is
about the CW signals in MP that make them much easier to distinguish between. I
have tried to play around with NR, RF GAIN, ATT, AGC and BW without much
success.

Tips appreciated.

73
Tonno